Mental health struggles are never a joke. Today, a lot of challenging things are happening in the world. This situation is one crazy hell-of-a-ride and can easily take a toll on your health, physically and mentally.
World Health Organization research reported that out of every four people in a room, one of them has experienced mental breakdown or mental health challenges at some point in their lives.
If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, or other mental struggles, it is important to find ways to cope with and improve your mental health. How can you make sure your well-being is the top priority of your day-to-day life?
If you think you are feeling stuck and don’t know how to resolve it, I’ve gathered a list of highly effective ways to boost and improve your mental health and feel stress-free all day long!
Here are 49 highly effective ways to boost and improve your mental health:
- Practice a daily meditation routine.
- Get outside with nature.
- Seek professional help if needed.
- Wake up to your limiting beliefs by practicing gratitude.
- Develop a healthy sleeping pattern.
- Do gentle stretching.
- Be on a balanced diet – Eat comfort food in a healthy way.
- Simple workout routine to refresh your mind.
- A journaling power to write your thoughts and reflect on them.
- Music meditation in between work or study breaks.
- Connect to people who have the same struggles as you.
- Create an amazing self-care routine that you’ll look forward to.
- A quick breathing session.
- Write down positive affirmations to brighten you up.
- Let go of the past, and what you think hurts you the most.
- Stay calm when you’re around negative and annoying people.
- Make a mindfulness habit.
- Make an effort to get out of your comfort zone.
- Try to check in with yourself daily and see how you feel.
- Cry it out when needed – A good cry is definitely okay.
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Tend to laugh more to change your mood instantly.
- Try to escape worrying and instead think of a greater solution.
- Do not tolerate yourself overthinking and appreciate the moment.
- Discover soothing bedtime affirmations to help you sleep better.
- Practice a natural skincare routine.
- Listen to a podcast that tackles mental health.
- Try to forgive and forget.
- Take time to be alone.
- Learn a new hobby.
- Practice to not compare yourself to others.
- Treat yourself to your favorite FOOD once in a while.
- Do a phone detox challenge to refresh your mind.
- Build trust in yourself.
- Celebrate things that make you so unique.
- Create a self-care kit for mental balance.
- Remove toxic people from your life.
- Delegate your task and be away from exhaustion.
- Practice the Pomodoro technique to manage your time well.
- Slow down and do things at your own pace.
- Limit your screen time daily.
- Quit alcohol.
- Try aromatherapy.
- Socialize and have time with your friends.
- Make time for your dreams, one step at a time.
- Read confidence-booster books or guided meditations.
- Learn to say no to others;
- and make sure to say YES to yourself!
- Love yourself more and know that you are perfectly imperfect.
Glad that you’ve come to the end of the list on how to improve your mental health!
I know that this list can’t be done in just a day, it’s impossible! Plus, you may not even enjoy each one. Just pick and choose what you like and remember to take things one at a time.
Please know, change doesn’t happen overnight; it’s a process.
Take time to pick a few things that you think will be doable or things that you like the most. Schedule them daily, weekly, or monthly. Practicing a few things on this list is such an awesome starting point to boost and improve your mental health.
Be on track, spend some time listing your faves, and practice. The result will surely surprise you!