Do you ever find yourself tossing and turning when your head hits the pillow, unable to sleep because of the thoughts that are running through your head?
I must email…
I need to call…
I haven’t replied to that message from this morning…
I hear you, ladies!
Solution? Bedtime journaling! Such a great way to clear your mind and has been scientifically proven to help you get a better night’s sleep.
Why Journal Before Bed?
Journaling is a wonderful way to check in with yourself truly validate everything you’re going through. It is one of my favorite mindful evening routine let out pent-up frustrations, worries and stresses.
Journaling before bedtime creates a safe space to help you fall asleep feeling more positive after thinking about things you are grateful for and things you’ve achieved today.
In conclusion, writing these thoughts down helps us close the book, pardon the pun 🙂
Bedtime Journal Prompts
My secret: Keep it simple! Ready to sleep better, be happier and become more productive? Here are the 20 simple and powerful journal prompts to clear your mind before bedtime:
- What’s on my mind right now?
- How am I feeling right now?
- Write down one word to describe my day (calm or hectic, productive or unproductive, etc.) and write a sentence about it (today was calm because I did my morning routine and that helped me stay in the present moment)
- What am I grateful for today?
- Emotions I felt today include…
- What did I do today to make myself proud?
- What did I learn about myself today?
- My biggest challenge today was…
- Something that bothered me today was…
- Is there anyone in my life who makes me feel good about myself just because they’re around me?
- Have I done anything to make someone else happy today?
- Write one thing that made me feel loved today.
- What do I want to take from today into tomorrow?
- What’s my word for tomorrow? What would I like it to bring me?
- If I could change one thing about my behavior today, what would it be?
- Tomorrow I will…
- Write tomorrow’s to-do list.
- What are my top three priorities for tomorrow?
- How can I make tomorrow better than today?
- How do I want to feel when I wake up tomorrow morning?
Have we missed any bedtime journal prompts that you use to focus your energy and prepare for the day ahead? Let us know in the comments below!