30 Inspiring Quotes When You’re Feeling Lost
Feeling lost and confused about life, wondering why something did or didn’t happen, not sure what to do, not sure whether to try again or to give up, not sure if you want to stay or leave?
You are not alone and it is only temporary.
With all the ups and downs we experience in this weird and wonderful thing we call life, it’s easy to find yourself feeling like you’re without hope, confused, lost, and overwhelmed. It’s a natural part of the human experience.
Feeling lost is a perfectly normal thing. Seeing it from a positive perspective, it’s a sign that you are evolving as an individual in your mind and spirit. If this is a season you’re in right now, these quotes will help you stay strong through tough times and find your way back to your higher self.
30 Quotes That’ll Make You Feel Like You Can Conquer Anything Life Throws at You
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
- “If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint”, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Dream, struggle, create, prevail. Be daring. Be brave. Be loving. Be compassionate. Be strong. Be brilliant. Be beautiful.” – Caterina Fake
- “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am.” – Mariah Carey
- “When you finally accept that it’s OK not to have answers and it’s OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being.” – Winona Ryder
- “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts
- “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
- You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” – Alan Alda
- “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
- “It is those who get lost, who find the new ways.” – Nils Kjaer
- “If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” – Masaru Emoto
- “Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions.” – Mark Twain
- “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
- “Never regret anything you have done with a sincere affection; nothing is lost that is born of the heart.” – Basil Rathbone
- “Feeling lost, crazy and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty and reason.” – Alain De Botton
- “Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” – Douglas Coupland
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things could fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.” – Charles Xavier (X-Men)
- “I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” – Robin Williams
- “There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. Every single circumstance of your life can change.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “You’ll never leave where you are until you decide where you’d rather be.” – Unknown
- “Feeling sorry for yourself, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” – Katherine Dunham
- “Do not brood over your past mistakes and failures as this will only fill your mind with grief, regret, and depression. Do not repeat them in the future.” – Swami Sivananda
- “A tree that is unbending is usually broken.” – Lao Tzu
I hope these quotes have reminded you of the power you have within you to create a life you love. Because you are WORTH it!
Let me know which quote resonates with you in your current season. Sending everyone out there so much love and gratitude.